In the previous post, Spring Cleaning and Clearing, I encouraged you to do some decluttering and beautifying of your space and offered suggestions on how to go about doing this. I hope you enjoyed the process and are ready to take it up a notch by doing energetic clearing of your space!
This is a simple and powerful process that should have your space feeling lighter, filled with positive energy, more expansive and generally more enjoyable/comfortable for you to be in. The basic idea is to clear out energies of a lower frequency (what we often think of as "negative" energies) and bring in energies of a much higher frequency (what people might call "good" or "positive" energies).
So if you're ready, here are 7 simple steps for how you can do an energetic space clearing:
1) Gather or acquire the items you will need/want. The basic items you will want are: a candle, sage stick (or palo santo/cedar), lighter, an abalone shell (or smudge clay bowl/plate), flower essence water or essential oil spray (rose water spray, for example). You can also have other items, such as a smokey quartz, or black tourmaline crystal, a turkey feather, or anything else sacred to you that you'd like to enhance the process with. The basic items can be ordered online, purchased at a metaphysical shop or at some health food stores.
1) Begin by treating the clearing as a ceremony or important ritual for which you set a good intention and ask Spirit and you allies/guides to assist you. While the basic idea is to release lower frequency energies and replace them with higher frequency energies, having a more personalized intention can be helpful. You might want to think about what you want to feel in your space, how you want it to support you, any energies associated with specific situations that you may want to have healed and released.
2) Prepare yourself and your space. Choose a central location in your home to place your items. You can see this space as a protective altar that will support you with the process. Make sure to open windows for air flow and to allow what is released to travel out. I also move things a little if they are blocking a corner or electrical socket because you want to be sure to get those areas. Speak a prayer and/or your intention and allow yourself to settle into a calm, relaxed state free of other concerns and fully present for the clearing process. Light the candle.
3) Light the sage stick. Once you light it, let it burn for a few seconds before gently blowing out the flame, and if needed, repeat the process a few times to have a solid stream of smoke flowing. Walk throughout your space with the burning sage gently directing the smoke all around the perimeter, center, ceiling, and floor of each room. You can do this by using a feather or just moving your sage stick as needed. You'll want to pay close attention to corners where energy can get trapped, electrical sockets, and the plumbing system. Be sure to have your shell or smudge bowl to catch any little pieces of sage that fall off to prevent burns of anything they might land on.
4) After you finish clearing your space, you will want to smudge yourself by simply wafting the smoke around your body with your hand or a feather. As you do so, imagine any energies that no longer serve you, falling away to the Earth for healing and transformation.
5) Next, you will want to welcome in energies of a higher frequency. You can do this by using a flower essence water or essential oil spray. Simply hold the spray and recall your intention of the energies you want to welcome in, and follow the same path you did with the previous step and spray the flower essence on each area. As you do so, feel energies of a higher frequency coming in and filling your space. You can also spray some on your hands, breathe it in, and gently sweep your body, blessing it with the higher frequency energies.
6) Once you finish welcoming in the new energies, do another walkabout around your space. This time, allow your heart to open with appreciation and gratitude for your space and the process. Set anything you had moved earlier back in place and close windows if the air feels clear of smoke or wait a little while if that feels best.
7) Lastly, go back to the center of your space where you placed the candle. Take a few moments to give thanks for the assistance you received from Spirit, your allies/guides and the items you used; give thanks for the beauty of your space and the support/shelter it provides you. Trusting that your intention is manifesting, blow out the candle.
When you are finished, you should feel good. You will, hopefully, feel a lightness to the energy in your space. Give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your success in doing an energetic clearing of your space. If any emotions came up for you during the process, be with them and allow them to flow. When we clear out energies, sometimes emotions that were within us come to the surface to also be released. Trust the process and be gentle with yourself.
Because I have gotten busy, I am no longer able to offer professional space clearings very often. But I’m happy to answer any questions you have, so feel free to email me with any questions or comments.
If you have anyone who would enjoy/appreciate this post, please share it with them. Big hugs and blessings to you. :)